Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

Becoming Thankful


"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." (1Thessalonians 5;18) Are you thankful today? Take a minute and think about it! Being thankful is often one of the easiest things to be, that is when life is good, and the roses are smelling sweet. But what about when life is tough and the roses in our lives are rotting?

Thankfulness is something we should strive for every day, but it's often the hardest thing to do. Being thankful isn't a trait we are born with, in fact it's the exact opposite really.  As parents, one of the main things we try to teach our kids when they are young is to say "please" and "thank you". Isn't it funny how in times of desperation we can easily say "PLEASE GOD!!", but often fail to thank Him! Thankfulness is something that does not come naturally, but it's something that as believers we are commanded to do in scripture, not just once or twice but over and over again! Being thankful is not a feeling or an emotion it is a choice, a decision we can make. It pleases God's heart, and is refreshing to those who surround us on a daily basis. As we learn to be more thankful, the easier it is to see the things we truly are blessed with.

We may find ourselves thinking that the only thing we can verbally thank God for is the fact that we are still breathing. Some may not even be thankful for that. However, if we have chosen to trust God, we can not only trust Him when it's easy.

If you are having a hard time being thankful today, let me help you out! Take a look at these and turn your heart heavenward.
  • Thank you Lord, for the sacrifice of your Son on the cross for me
  • Thank you Lord, that no matter what, you are God and you are in control
  • Thank you Lord, that you are my rock, I can rest in your protection
  • Thank you Lord, that you love me more than anyone on this earth could possibly love me
  • Thank you Lord, that when all others walk away YOU are there and will never leave me
  • Thank you Lord, that you have felt and experienced every emotion I could ever feel. You understand
  • Thank you Lord, that just because I 'feel' abandoned I don't have to believe a lie
  • Thank you Lord, for my family
  • Thank you Lord, that I do not have to fear the future
  • Thank you Lord, that even though you don't give me everything I want, you give me what I need
  • Thank you Lord, for not giving me what I deserve
Now, if you can't something in that list that you can be thankful for, you need to get on your knees! Let us be thankful today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...