Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Do Not Be Troubled!

John 14v27 - "I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid. (NLT)


Worry and fear! Two words we hear alot these days. Worry about how the bills will be paid, fear for our children being drawn into a world that offers countless temptations, influences that threaten to pull their hearts away from how we have taught them to live. Worry about our national security and what the future holds for our great country. So many issues that could plague our minds and cause our hearts to be restless.

It is to be expected that the upcoming election has become a source of worry and concern for all of us. As a mom, my chief concern is for my children and the future that is ahead for them. National debt, national security, social issues, and declining moral standards are talked about non-stop in the papers, online, and on the news. We are bombarded by images of death, disaster, disease and destruction, so much so that unfortunately we often become somewhat numb to what we see and hear.

As the election draws near and so many of these issues and concerns are in the forefront of our minds I have found myself worried, fretting, wondering what will happen if we continue down the road we are on as a nation. I am honored and blessed this year to be able to vote for the first time! The thought of pulling up to my polling station on Tuesday and making my small voice heard makes me excited and proud. However, I have asked myself the question, "what if things don't change?", "what if my vote isn't enough?" Hmmm, what then?

The truth is this. God is in control! Call it cliche, but He is and there is no better way to say it. Nothing slips by his sight. No man is elected without His permission. God's plan was established before the foundations of the earth and nothing will change it. He is the Alpha and the Omega, beginning and end. He will have the last say.

So my friends, do not fret! As the scripture says, we have been left with a gift; peace of mind and heart. We are not to be afraid, but bold. We are not to be troubled, but courageous! We are not to shrink back but we are to pray, trusting the One who made us and loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...