Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

In Gods' Sight

Psalm 139 is packed with confirmation after confirmation of how God thinks of us. Dwell on what God says.
  • He made you - “You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it”
  • He thinks about you- “How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!” I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!”
  • He knows you- “I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night—but even in darkness I cannot hide from you. To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you.”
  • He protects you- “You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head.”
  • He pursues you – “I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence!”
  • He guides you – “If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave,  you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me”
  • He leads you- “You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head.”
  • He will never leave you- “And when I wake up, you are still with me!”
  • He loves you-“You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
  • Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.”
The question we have to ask ourselves is “do we really believe it?” Knowing it intellectually and knowing it in our souls are two different things. Our job is to allow our head knowledge to become heart knowledge. Think how differently you would live if you really believed what God is saying here.

You may want to add your own things to this list. Above all be thankful for Gods’ mercy and love that allows us to live differently

2 comments:

  1. How do you do all that you do? This is a great encouragement. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...